Harper Gerlach has provided a specialized training program for managers, supervisors, human resource managers and employees on a wide assortment of labor and employment law topics. We have found that often, employment litigation is a result of the actions or statements of a front-line supervisor.
Whether or not an employee will support an outside labor organization, also depends heavily on his relationship with his immediate supervisor. We take a strong, proactive stance in conducting training to avoid legal costs and litigation for our clients.
The best way to win an employment law suit is not to be involved in one. That is why we stress preventive action including management training and sound personnel policies. We conduct training programs in the following areas:
Labor Law Compliance
- “Managing Within the Law” is a training program that educates managers and supervisors on Florida and Federal employment laws.
- Union Avoidance: How to Stay Union-Free
- What Supervisors Can and Cannot Say and Do Concerning Unions.
- Family Medical Leave Act – How Does it Involve You as a Supervisor.
- FMLA/ADA/Workers Comp Triangle
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs
- Government Regulations and The Supervisor I & II
- Interviewing /Legal Compliance
- Wage Hour Exemptions and Compliance
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Safe Reductions in Workforce
- Affirmative Action Plans
- Cobra Compliance
- Immigration Compliance
Supervisory / Management Training
- Sexual Harassment
- Conducting Investigations in the Workplace
- How to Conduct Performance Appraisals
- The Importance of Documentation and Progressive Discipline
- How to conduct an Audit of Human Resources
- Diversity Awareness
- Team Building
- 12 Most Common Employer Mistakes
- Business Ethics
- Advanced FMLA Administration for the HR Manager
- Handling Complaints